Saturday, September 14, 2013

Brunch in Rutherford

Before our trip I researched the best brunches in Napa Valley and found the restaurant at the Auberge du Soleil in Rutherford.  Unfortunately I didn't do my research well enough to realize that brunch does not begin until 11:30am as I made our reservations for 9:00am and we simply had breakfast.  I must not have been the only one who did their research as as we left the restaurant there was a fancy black car with a suited security guard standing outside.  Our best guess just by looking at him was that he was Secret Service, but for whom we don't know.

According to the restaurant's website "The Restaurant at the Auberge du Soleil features rich interiors accented with abstract paintings, exposed beams and warm wood furnishings.  Tables on the famous terrace are some of the best and most sought-after in Napa Valley where one can enjoy panoramic views of the neighboring vineyards and stunning sunsets." Couldn't have said it better myself.   

We were fortunate to be seated on the heated terrace and spent our morning looking out over the quiet countryside.  It was so quiet and so peaceful that I would almost consider staying at the Auberge on our next visit to Napa Valley.  Oh wait, just looked at the prices.  I think I'll just visit.
The view from the restaurant

Upon being seated and served our first cup of coffee we were presented with complimentary coffee cake to begin our meal.  It was the perfect serving for two and just enough to whet our palates but not fill us up.
Complimentary cherry coffee cake
My husband decided to go with the traditional American breakfast, which he said was fantastic.  And you know how much we love bacon and this bacon was heavenly - he shared a slice with me.
à l’ Américaine (two farm fresh eggs, crisp sauteed potatoes, applewood smoked bacon with toast)

Having eaten so much over the past two days, I thought I would try a lighter breakfast with the egg white omelet which was also just fabulous.
En Bonne Santé (egg white omelet with spinach, mushrooms, onions, seasonal berries, and toast)
In all, it was a fantastic breakfast.  I regret that we didn't get to try their brunch, but it just means that we'll have to go back some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment